12 de jan. de 2008

Lighthouse Family

É uma das poucas bandas de que gosto, assim, profundamente, sem restrições. Sejam os clipes, as músicas ou as letras, tudo merece uma apreciação delicada... Abaixo alguns trechos de algumas músicas que de alguma forma têm me tocado, por esses dias...

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
It's not warm when she's away
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she always gone too long anytime she goes away

Wonder this time where she's gone
Wonder if she's gone to stay
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away

***



Sometimes I get tired
of this "me first" attitude.
You are the one thing
That keeps me smiling.
That's why I'm always
wishing hard for you.
Cause your light
shines so bright
I don't feel no solitude
You are my first star at night
Id be lost in space without you

And I'd never lose my faith in you
How will I ever get to Heaven, if I do...


***



How many times you gonna let me down?
You're keeping me hanging on I say
I'm wrapped around your finger
Never believed that if I find myself
Looking up to the upper hand and
Loving every minute


***



Don’t wanna complain, the weather could be worse
But I wish I’d learned from my mistakes
Don’t really need no clever words
To understand what’s in your face

***


Got a picture of a glorious day
A sunny afternoon, somewhere with a view
And I don't care what its all about
As long as I'm with you

***

You don't have to change the way you are
I really don't think you're giving yourself a chance
I wish you could hear someone who says
Baby, don't change, baby, don't change
Do your own thing, you're beautiful the way you are

You really don't
You don't have to change
Give yourself a chance

***

I won't let it get to me
But I'm gonna miss you badly

I wish I knew how I'm gonna be happy without you
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
I wish I knew how I'm gonna be happy without you
In a different world without you

***

It's always the same
At the end of the day
You always want what you haven't got.

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

Às vezes eu simplesmente esqueço que algumas bandas existem... Quantos anos sem ouvir Lighthouse Family. Obrigado por ter me lembrado!

E de fato: esta versão de Ain't no sunshine é uma das mais bonitas...

Que 2008 seja melhor que 2007!

Um beijo